The most common cause for hormonal imbalance in most women is menopause or peri-menopause. Your hormone balance may begin to fluctuate naturally as early as age 30 and can continue changing into your late 60s or later. These changes are natural, but the resulting symptoms can be rather uncomfortable.
A natural approach to reducing symptoms of hormonal imbalance or hot flashes would include these herbs and other natural substances:
• Black Cohosh - a healing herb introduced to the Europeans by Native Americans
• Dong Quai - used in Chinese Medicine to treat fatigue and menopausal symptoms
• Red Clover - a natural source of bioidentical estrogen
• Ashwagandha - a powerful herb well-known in Ayurvedic healing
• GLA from borage seed oil - a fatty acid with anti-inflammatory properties
• ALA from flaxseed oil - the best source of this omega-3 fatty acid
• EPA and DHA from fish oil - two omega-3 fatty acids essential for balancing hormones
Using black cohosh for hot flashes is an ancient remedy. In Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda and other Eastern practices, ashwaganda for hot flashes is common, as is dong quai for hormones. Red clover for hormones is another natural treatment that Eastern women have enjoyed for decades.